It all started when I got home and found that Annie had decided to use the couches in the front room as chew toys that afternoon. I knew that she had done something wrong the second that I walked through the door. Her ears were pulled back, she was crouched down, and I frantically searched the house for what she destroyed. Needless to say, I was not too happy. The worst part about the whole situation is the fact that she knows that what she did was wrong -- yet she still did it. For the time being, we have sprayed both couches with "Bitter Apple", but I don't know what we're going to long term. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't find the same thing when I get home today.
Later that evening, after eating dinner and taking the dogs on a walk, Ben decided that it was time for cookies and milk. Because our refrigerator was not delivered until this past Tuesday, we've been eating out every meal since we've been in the house (which is not nearly as exciting as it sounds), and we haven't really had a chance to use our new appliances to cook. Therefore, last night was actually our first time to use the oven. He turned it on, and immediately a really weird smell began to fill the house. At first we thought that it might because it was new (it made sense at the time), but luckily Ben decided to check the broiler. Broiler? I thought the drawer below the oven was a storage compartment for all of our flat kitchen stuff like cookie sheets, baking pan lids, etc. That had been the purpose of that particular drawer in all of the previous places that I have lived, but I guess that's not the case at our new house. Oops. Needless to say, the plastic lids are goners.
As the night went on, Ben continued to compliment Amos on how he had been the good dog that day, and I continued to tell Ben that he was going to jinx us. Later that night when Ben was carrying all of my winter clothes in from the car (I had stored them at my parents' house this summer) and I was making room for them in the closet, Amos decided that it would be a perfect time to go pee.....all over our brand new bed. Luckily, it didn't soak through to our new mattress, but it was all over our new comforter and sheets. We threw them in the wash and tried to wait up for them. Unfortunately, some of us didn't quite make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment