Last night, I went over to the Messerli house to babysit Will so that Stephanie (a friend from work) and Paul could go to the John Mayer concert. My mom came over to play, too, and we had a great time. At the start of the evening, Will was a little shy, but after a little bit of "ride a horsey, ride a horsey" while bouncing him on my lap, he warmed right up. By the end of the evening, he was running back and forth between me and my mom while screaming at the top of his lungs. He'd jump into our arms, we'd lift him up into the air, and then we'd him put him back down so he could do it all over again. I'm still not exactly sure what he found so entertaining, but he LOVED it. He ran around non-stop for about 15 minutes, so needless to say, his cheeks were pretty rosey by the time he finally stopped to a break.

Unfortunately, he was a little tired of our photo shoot by the time I tried to take a picture of him with my mom. She was doing all that she could to get him to smile and look at the camera. Despite her goofy face, I'd say that she was pretty successful.

When it was time to start getting him ready for bed, my mom changed his diaper and then went to the kitchen to clean up a little bit. I had planned to read him a few books before putting him in bed, but after he turned on his music, I picked him up, and he immediately laid his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes. Apparently, we had worn him out! I ended up just rocking him for a few minutes and then laying him in bed. After putting him to sleep, my mom and I watched TV. I had just made a comment about how easy it had been to put him to bed (his parents had warned me that he had been giving them a little bit of trouble the past few nights), when he started to cry. My mom and I took a couple of turns rocking him and then trying to put him in his bed without him waking up, but unfortunately, we were unsuccessful. We ended up having to let him just cry for a couple of minutes before he finally went back to sleep on his own.
Overall though, I'd say it was pretty successful evening. We had fun, and I'm pretty sure that he did, too. I just hope that his parents invite us back over again soon. Hint, hint...Stephanie. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment