Monday, April 5, 2010

Yard Work

In addition to celebrating Easter, Ben and I spent a large portion of the weekend working in the front yard.
As you can see from the large amount of black mulch, we did lots and lots of planting.

Boxwoods, Pentas, Mexican Heather, Petunias, and a relocated Lily of the Valley in the planter...
A Sky Pencil Holly and more Petunias at the entry...
A Red Maple tree in memory of Grandma Wheeler...
and Waxleaf Ligustrum to (eventually) hide the electrical boxes...
We did our best to take a couple of self portraits in front of everything, but unfortunately, they didn't turn out too well.
Instead, we decided to take pictures of each other in front of what we worked the hardest on. Needless to say, one of us was not quite as eager to have their picture taken as the other one was, but I'll leave it up to you to determine who was who. :)
Overall, I think everything turned out really well. Thanks again, Kyle and Steve, for coming over to help us. We couldn't have done it without y'all.

And just as a side note for myself at this time next year: Don't forget to put sunscreen on the back of your neck, the back of your calves, and on Ben's back if he takes his shirt off. You will regret it later -- especially when it comes time to take a shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job! The yard looks really great. Enjoy the green and the colorful flowers.
Sorry for not call you since I got back from SF and missing your call. Every evening when I thought of calling you, it was over 9pm. I will call you this weekend. BTW, I have posted some of the pics taken in SF on facebook if you have a chance to take a look.
Ben looks nice though got burnt. Training works!
--Fan