I met Abby at the mall after work today to do a little bit of shopping.

I have been needing (okay -- maybe it's more like "wanting") to go to the mall for awhile now, and since shopping is always more fun when you're doing it with someone else, I shot her an email when I got to work this morning to see if she was game. Turns out she was already planning on heading over there herself this afternoon, so it worked out great! Between the two of us, we got some new jean shorts, a swimsuit, a dress, a couple of bottles of free Bath & Body Works lotion, a gift for a friend, some underwear (too much information?), a couple of shirts for our husbands, and some Father's Day gifts for our dads. Needless to say, we got some pretty good deals, and we had a great time doing it.
After leaving the mall, we headed over to Kohl's to shop for our dads, and after finding some pretty great gifts, we headed over to the ladies' department to browse a little. We found a couple of cute things on the clearance rack -- in addition to some pretty interesting things, so Abby decided that I should be the one to try it all on and do a little fashion show.
Our favorite outfit was definitely this one.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what you call a piece of clothing that looks like this, but it was all one piece, was made of black satin, and came with a thick elastic belt. Attractive, huh? She and I were both laughing so hard that we were crying.
Unfortunately, we didn't find anything for ourselves at Kohl's (as attractive as the "cat woman" outfit was, I ultimately decided against it), but we did find a "15% off everything" coupon lying on the floor of the dressing room, which can actually be seen in the picture above. Because Kohl's lets you use a coupon more than once, I secretly passed it to Abby after I checked out, and then we even gave it to a couple that was coming into Kohl's when we were leaving.
After our day of shopping, we met up with Allen for dinner at Chili's. Unfortunately, Ben wasn't able to join us because he is working tonight on a job out in Smithville.

Abby and I shared the fajitas, and Allen got a burger. We considered getting dessert but ended up going to Tutti Frutti for some frozen yogurt instead -- but only after we stopped to take a picture with this random flag that was hanging at the entrance of Chili's.

I had never been Tutti Frutti before, but I loved it. It's one of those new types of frozen yogurt places where you can get as much frozen yogurt and toppings as you want, and then you just pay based on how much your cup weighs. I tried the blueberry, cheesecake, coconut, and strawberry frozen yogurt before finally deciding on the cheesecake and then topped it off with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. It was ah-mazing.
I am now home and am thinking about going to bed soon. I got up early this morning to go run, which is a good thing considering I got both a cookie and a piece of Godiva chocolate at the mall in addition to the big bowl of frozen yogurt that I ate tonight. Yikes.
Hopefully Ben will get home soon. Some of us are a little anxious.

Thanks again for going shopping with me today, Abby. We definitely need to do that more often!
1 comment:
Sounds so great!
The one piece thing is called "jumpsuit", if I did not remember it wrong. I like the style but it only fits tall people like you. Did you buy it home?
--Fan
Post a Comment