2 weeks ago
Friday, November 19, 2010
Happy Birthday Charlie!
Last night I decided to watch "My Girl" before going to sleep, and just as I was about to take off my glasses and lay down, I got a text from Kyle saying that Molly was in labor and that she and Kevin were at the hospital. That was at about midnight, and I literally went from being exhausted to wide awake. Ben came home from work, picked me up, and we were on our way to the hospital. When we got there, Molly's contractions were about a minute apart, and we got to go in to say "hi" before we spent the next two hours in the waiting room, anxiously awaiting Charlie's arrival. We were all so tired but so excited about getting to finally meet Charlie.



At one point, we had all closed our eyes for a minute (except for Kyle who was pacing the entire time...), when Kyle spotted Kevin down the hall going into the nursery. We all jumped up and ran down there. We crowded around the nursery window and just stared at the newest member of our family. Charlie was born a little after 3:00 a.m., and he is absolutely precious. He weighs 7 pounds 13 ounces, is 20 inches long, and has lots of strawberry blond hair.
Unfortunately, this is the best picture that I was able to get. Charlie was so cold that his bottom lip was quivering, so the nurses had him laying under the heat lamp, which was turned away from us. It also didn't help that I started feeling faint after just a few minutes of standing at the nursery window, almost blacked out, and had to have Ben help me walk down the hall to get some fresh air. I'm not really sure what happened, but I think that I just got up too fast. When we left the hospital, Kevin was still in nursery with Charlie -- letting Charlie hold on to his finger, texting pictures to all of the family in Ohio, and taking it all in.
We finally got home at about 4:30 a.m. and crashed. Needless to say, it had been a very exciting and very tiring night. Congratulations again, Kevin and Molly. We are so proud of both of you, and I can't wait to see Baby Charlie again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment