Stephanie had told me ahead of time that it'd be almost impossible for her to take both of them to the pool by herself, and I have to say that I agree. Will and Ella couldn't be more different when it comes to hanging out at the pool. Ella preferred to be out of the water -- whether she was sitting on Stephanie's lap in the shallow end or sunbathing like a big girl on the lounge chair all by herself.
Will, on the other hand, loved being in the water and didn't want to sit still for even just one minute. We tried to trick him into taking a picture with me, but even the Ritz crackers didn't score us a smile.
His favorite thing was going out into the "deep end" with me and jumping off the side {over and over and over again}. I tried to talk him into wearing the life jacket with floaties that "all of the other big kids were wearing", but he wasn't the least bit interested. The best I could do was to get him to hold on to it. Baby steps.
Thanks again, Messerli family, for inviting me to your pool. I had a blast and can't wait to go again!
No comments:
Post a Comment