Today after work, I headed up to Round Rock to meet up with Ben and watch his cousin Sam play baseball. Round Rock was playing Stony Point at The Dell Diamond, so before heading over to the game, we stopped by The Salt Lick for dinner. The barbeque was delicious as always, and I even got some cobbler to-go for dessert.
Watching Sam's team play at The Dell Diamond was pretty cool.
Stefanie, JayMack, and Justin ended up being at the game, too, and it was so good to see them. They moved to Smithville a few years ago, so unfortunately, we don't get to see them nearly as often as we would like.
I had a great time catching up with both Stefanie and Aunt Kim while watching Sam play, and Ben had a great time quizzing me over every play. Unfortunately, I didn't know the answer to most {if any} of his questions, and his response was, "I thought you liked baseball in high school." Hmmm...apparently I never told him exactly what is was about high school baseball that I liked, but let's just say that it had nothing to do with the game itself. ;)
Round Rock ended up winning the game 10-6. Way to go, Rock!
I still have a hard time believing that Sam is already a senior in high school and is graduating next month. I mean, seriously, how is that even possible? I'm pretty sure that I myself graduated from high school just the other day, right? It definitely feels that way.
We love you, Sam, and we are so proud of you!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment