Saturday, January 5, 2013

AWDAT Baby Shower

My first baby shower was this morning, and it was so much fun!  Stephanie, Kathy, and Lori were the best hostesses, and they invited the entire running group {a.k.a. AWDAT -- "Amazing Women Doing Amazing Things"}.
The Hostesses -- Stephanie, Kathy, & Lori
AWDAT -- Barb, Stephanie, Kathryn, Ginny, Julie, Kristen, Catherine, me, Lori, Clemmie, Kathy, & Teresa

Of course, Holly and my mom came, too, and because the photographer {Kristen} was just a little disappointed that I didn't look pregnant in the first picture, she had all 3 of us turn to the side for the next one.
  Because, really -- who doesn't love a good belly shot?

Everything about the shower was absolutely perfect!  The food was delicious {tons of fruit and two breakfast casseroles -- egg/sausage and a blueberry bake}, and they also made the cutest cake in the shape of a train to match the baby's bedding.
Pretty amazing, huh?
It had been awhile since I'd seen everyone {about 6 weeks or so when I had to quit running}, so we had such a great time catching up while eating brunch and sipping on mimosas {or just plain OJ for me!}.
Julie & me
Ginny, my mom, Clemmie, & Kathy
Teresa & Stephanie
Kristen, Barb, Kathryn, Catherine, & Lori

After eating, we all sat down in the living room so that I could open gifts.  Baby boy and I got so many nice things -- quite a few things off the registry, some cute clothes, and even a few books!
My very favorite gift was definitely the BOB jogging stroller from Holly {& Nelson} though.  I have a hard time imagining that one day I'll be able to run while also pushing a jogging stroller {especially considering the fact that I get winded these days just doing simple tasks like laundry}, but honestly, I am really looking forward to that day.  I really miss running, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that running with AWDAT {and with Holly} is so much fun.   I feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful group of ladies and am really looking forward to the day that I'll be able to see all of them on a regular basis again.

Thanks again to Stephanie, Kathy, and Lori for hosting such a beautiful shower and to everyone else for showering the baby and me with so many wonderful things.  I really am so blessed! :)

No comments: