On Thursday morning, Jackson woke up in the best mood, and I was somehow able to fit into my non-maternity jeans for the first time, so I knew it was going to be a good day!
Granted, they are the biggest ones that I own and were still a little tight, but they buttoned, and that's all that matters. :)
Later that morning, my mom met me up at the mall, and after a little shopping, we sneaked into a changing room to feed and change Jackson before taking him to see the Easter bunny.
Thankfully, there wasn't a line, so we just walked right up and put Jackson on the Easter bunny's lap. Obviously, Jackson is too little to be scared, so we didn't have to worry about tears, but we did have a hard time getting him to look the direction of the camera.
We did get a pretty cute one though.
While at the mall, we ran into a few friends. Kaycee and Caroline were in line behind us to see the Easter bunny...
...and we ran into Dallas and Morgan at the food court.
Morgan loved Jackson, but apparently Jackson was a little too worn out from the Easter bunny pictures to reciprocate any type of love.That afternoon, my mom decided to take a nap while Jackson did, and Annie so patiently {or not so patiently} waited outside her door.
That night, my mom babysat while Ben and I met one of his coworkers for dinner at Moonshine. We had a great time, and, of course, the food was delicious. When we got home, Holly and Nelson were there, too. I'm telling you -- this baby is so spoiled.
On Friday, we went over to my mom's house. Amy and Kaitlyn came over to meet Jackson, and we had a great time catching up with them.
Holly had the day off from work, so she spent the day loving on her favorite nephew.
Look at those dimples...
Tummy time with Aunt Holly and Mimi.
Best friends FOREVER...or at least until he grows up and realizes that it's not cool to be BFFs with your mom. ;)
That night, Ben and I made pizzas for dinner...
...and Jackson slept in his own room for the very first time. Thankfully, he went down really well, but as I told Ben: "One of us cried, and it wasn't Jackson." ;) It was sad knowing that I wouldn't see him until the next day, but we know it's the best thing for all three of us.On Saturday, we took Jackson to his first Easter egg hunt, which was across the street from our church and on the State Capitol grounds.
Obviously Jackson didn't hunt for any eggs, but we had a great time sitting on a blanket and hanging out with the other families from our Sunday School class.
After the egg hunt, we headed up to Round Rock to spend the day with Ben's family.Smiling for Big Momma...
...and catching some rays with Pops.
The next generation of Wheeler cousins. Watch out, world! ;)
As soon as we got home last night, we put Jackson in his bunny gown and put him to bed.We had been gone almost 12 hours that day, and obviously he was just a little worn out.
This morning, our little Easter bunny woke up in the best mood.
We went to Sunday School, and then my mom and Holly met up with us for the worship service.
The service was beautiful, and so was the music. We sang "A Hymn of Promise", which is one of my very favorite songs and made me think of G since we had sung it at her funeral service just a few short months ago.During the sermon, they showed a clip from the end of the movie "Steel Magnolias" where all of the ladies are standing around after Shelby's funeral service and where Annelle says to Shelby's mother, "Miss M'Lynn...it should make you feel a lot better that Shelby is up there with her King..... I don't mean to upset you by saying that. It's just that...when something like this happens, I pray very hard to make heads or tails of it, and I think that in Shelby's case, she just wanted to take care of that little baby and of you...and of everybody she knew, and her poor little body was just worn out. It wouldn't let her do all the things that she wanted to, so she went on to a place where she could be a guardian angel. She will always be young...she will always be beautiful. And I personally feel much safer knowing that she's up there on my side."
Tears were streaming down my face the entire time, but it was exactly what I needed to hear this morning. I am so glad that I am a Christian and that I know life does not end here! :)
We planned to take pictures at my mom's house as soon as we got there, but plans changed quickly when Ben picked Jackson up out of his car seat and realized that he had had a major blowout.
Jackson's Easter gift to Ben.Unfortunately, the only other outfit that we had in his diaper bag was a long sleeve sleeper, but thankfully, Holly had an Easter gift for him -- a onesie that says "My Auntie Rocks".
Aunt Holly saves the day!
With his Easter gifts from my mom.
After eating, Jackson took a nap on my mom's bed and pretty much slept all afternoon.Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures of the rest of the family, but my mom's cousin Travis and his family came over, too. My mom made a delicious lunch, and there was even an Easter egg hunt for the little kids later this afternoon.
Tonight, we gave Jackson an Easter gift from us before putting him to bed -- a porcelain Peter Rabbit figurine that was originally a gift to me from G when I was a baby. A special gift for a special boy. :)
Happy Easter to all of you! I hope your holiday was as special as ours.

















































No comments:
Post a Comment