With every day that passes, you become more and more like a little boy, and although it makes me a little sad, I love watching your little personality develop. You are such a social baby, and you love being on the go. While grocery shopping, you do your best to get everyone's attention by laughing, squealing, and talking, and I don't mean to jinx us, but you are by far the best baby at Stroller Strides. You sit in your stroller happy as can be for the entire hour that we work out.
As a newborn, you were pretty fussy, but now, you are one of the happiest babies that I know. As long as you are well-rested and fed, you hardly ever fuss, which is such a nice change of pace. It definitely makes life MUCH easier on all of us -- you included. :)
I love you so much, baby boy, and I absolutely adore being your mommy. Thank you for being the world's greatest son.
Likes:
I love you so much, baby boy, and I absolutely adore being your mommy. Thank you for being the world's greatest son.
Love,
Your Mom
{7 MONTH STATS}
Measurements:
- Weight: 22.5 pounds
Sizes:
- Clothes: mostly 12 months and some 9 months
- Diapers: size 4
- Shoes: size 3
Eating: When it comes to milk, you are still such a great eater, but in terms of solids, it's a whole other story. We started giving you baby cereal and purees right after you turned 6 months, and unfortunately, we have yet to find anything that you like. We've tried cereal {both oatmeal and rice}, avocado, bananas, green beans, carrots, and apples, but you're not really a fan of any of it. We've also tried giving you Baby Mum-Mums and Gerber Puffs, and although you enjoy gumming them, you're not really into eating/swallowing them. In terms of milk, you still nurse or drink out of a bottle every 3 hours or so. You're still not on the strictest of schedules, but you usually eat around 5 am, 8 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm, and 8 pm, and you usually take about 6 ounces each time that you eat. Aside from milk, your other favorite thing is water and/or ice. You love drinking out of your sippy cup and out of ours, too, and you also like it when we put an ice cube in your mesh feeder. We call it your "popsicle" because to you, it really is such a treat.
Sleeping: Not much as changed in the past month when it comes to sleeping. You still wake up once in the "middle of the night" -- although it's technically just early the morning {5 or 6 a.m.} as opposed to the middle of night, but in my opinion, it's too early for us to get up, so I still just feed you and put you back down. You go back down quickly and usually wake up again somewhere between 8 and 9 a.m., and that's when our day starts. In terms of naps, you don't have set times that you go down everyday because it mostly depends on what time you get up that morning, but you usually take 3 or 4 naps everyday. You're usually up for about 1.5 hours {2 if we're out and about and you're entertained} before going down, and you usually sleep for about 1 to 1.5 hours each time. I keep debating whether or not I should wake you up at a particular time everyday so that we can turn your "routine" into more of a "schedule", but I have yet to do that. I have a hard time convincing myself to wake you up because I feel like if you're sleeping that there's a reason. Several other moms have told me that this is about the time that their babies put themselves on schedules, so maybe I'll just get lucky, and you'll do all the hard work for me. ;)
Likes:
- Mornings -- you always wake up in the best mood!
- Walking out of the nursery because you know that nap time is over
- Squealing like a howler monkey while lying in bed either before you fall asleep or after you wake up
- Drinking water either out of your sippy cup or one of our glasses
- Sucking on ice in your mesh feeder
- When either Ben or I come home from work
- Laughing when we try to get you to say "dada" or "mama"
- Taking naps with your Puppy Lovie
- Hanging out in your jumper
- Rolling all over the place
- Sitting in your highchair
- Being outside
- Sucking on a {clean} washrag while in the bathtub
- Reaching out and touching everything
Dislikes:
- Walking into the nursery for fear that you are going down for a nap
- Eating baby cereal or purees
- Getting out of the bath
- Having your face or nose wiped
- Being put in the carseat if you're overly tired or hungry
Exhibit A.
Exhibit B.
Exhibit C.
Definitely not how I posed you, but adorable nonetheless. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment