While we were in San Antonio, I found out that we had received the go-ahead on a project with a deadline that would require working lots of overtime to meet. So in addition to my normal 2-day work-week, I spent a lot of evenings and weekends up at the office since those were the times that Ben was able to be home with Jackson. It turns out being home all day with Jackson and then working up at the office all night is exhausting! Thankfully it was for just a short amount of time though, and both Ben and Jackson love spending one-on-one time together, so I really didn't feel guilty about not being there. Thankfully, Ben was also pretty good about sending me pictures {much better than I am}, which made me somewhat jealous but mostly just thankful that they were having so much fun together.
Sunday breakfast at Pacha.
Naptime with Monkey.Yay -- Big Momma & Pop came to visit!!!
He hasn't sucked on a pacifier for quite awhile, but if all else fails, he does enjoy playing with it.
Post-nap yawn.
Jackson's new bath chair!
Meanwhile, this was my view -- a panoramic shot with my new phone.
And speaking of my new phone, I couldn't find it that next morning at work and thought that I must have left it in the diaper bag. I called my mom, but she couldn't find it either, so I searched online using the "Find My iPhone" feature. The flashing dot showed that it was nearby, so I assumed I had dropped it somewhere in the building and that someone would turn it in, but after an hour or so, I decided to go exactly where the flashing dot was, which was the driveway leading up to our parking garage. As soon as I walked out of the parking garage, I could hear it...
... and I found it lying face up on the curb {right next to the leaves that were in the gutter in the picture below}. I couldn't believe it! Apparently I had put it on top of my mom's car when I was putting Jackson in his car seat, and then it slid off as she was leaving the parking garage and going down the hill. Thankfully, it wasn't damaged at all and had just a small scratch on the case. Needless to say, I went from feeling very unlucky to incredibly lucky in just a matter of minutes.
A little bit of shopping after Stroller Strides.I have food on my face? Where?
A Halloween gift from Aunt Holly & Uncle Nelson. The card was a big hit...
...and so was the batman jacket!!!
So fresh and so clean clean.
I love you, Aunt Holly.
Why eat food when you can chew on a paper bag instead? ;)
Shopping for Halloween costumes with Avery and Cheryl.
Jackson has finally noticed the dog crates, which are within scooting distance of his play area, and therefore, pretty unfortunate for the dogs who have always enjoyed sleeping in.
One morning after we got home from Stroller Strides, I realized that I didn't have my bracelet on and remembered taking it off and putting the in the cup holder of the stroller. I knew that it must have fallen out when I folded up the stroller and put it in the back of my car, and thankfully, it was still laying there in the parking lot. After 10+ years, it's a little worn, but "God be with us together and apart." :)
An evening with dad.
A little weekday morning photo shoot.
Time to baby-proof the house!
One Friday night, we went out with the Sotos -- completely kid-less!
I can't even remember the last time we did that {a year and a half ago in Vegas?}, but it was so nice to be able to catch up and carry on a conversation without being interrupted or losing our train of thought -- haha! We went to Top Golf {so fun!!!}, had dinner at Lucy's Fried Chicken, and then all went home to relieve the grandparents and pass out. Needless to say, we're all a little out of practice when it comes to going out!
On Saturday, we went to see "The Book of Mormon", the Broadway musical by the creators of South Park {Ben's favorite TV show}, which was playing at the Bass Concert Hall, and our way there, we stopped for lunch at a food trailer that we found on Yelp.
Our seats were awesome, and the show was hilarious! The cast {and the creators} were so incredibly talented, and I still have several of the songs stuck in my head!Meanwhile, our little elf was having fun at home with Ben's parents but was excited to see us when we got back.
Bedtime snuggles with Mr. Dog.
A "quick pic" for dad ended up looking very professional thanks to the natural light shining in from our tubular skylight.
Jackson's first time to ride in the grocery store cart {sans car seat}!
This is just a guess, but I think he's a fan.
Now THIS is the way to shop!
One of the days that I wasn't working, we had some guys come out and seal up our duct work and spray more insulation in the attic. They also sealed all of the indoor plumbing, and thankfully, they did because they also found a leak under our kitchen sink. I stuck a cup under there to catch the drips, and this is what it looked like after just a few hours. Ben had to go to class that night, so he called a plumber to fix it, and $200 later, the leak was no more!
A couple of pictures for dad before going "night night".
Dinner with dad.
Quality time with my favorite little guy.
We love Stroller Strides -- especially when it's outside on pretty days!
"Don't mess with the best."
His favorite thing to do is roam the house now...
...and play with anything and everything that is NOT a toy.
That baby in the fridge is just so dang funny!
I was going for "creative", but my cupcakes ended up looking like Jackson made them. Oh well. At least they tasted good!
I was sweeping the living room {now that Jackson is army crawling, everything on the floor ends up on his shirt}, and I could hear Jackson messing with the dog crates. All of a sudden, he started crying and sounded somewhat panicked. I couldn't imagine what was wrong, and when I rushed in there, I found this.He had crawled right into Annie's crate and couldn't figure out how to get out! Here I was trying to sweep the floor, and meanwhile, he crawls into a dog crate covered in dog hair -- haha. As the saying goes, one step forward, and two steps back!
The first Saturday that I didn't have to work, we walked to breakfast, and Ben and Jackson took me to the food trailer that they had found a couple weekends prior called "Proper Breakfast".
Playing Jackson's favorite game -- he drops something, and we pick it up {or catch it on the way down}!
That afternoon, my dad, Patty, Grandma, and Holly came over to play. Jackson was teething and a little fussy, but we still had a great time!
Apparently he loves pink Gatorade just like his mom. ;)
Bedtime snuggles with Hobbes.
A dog riding in a wagon in our neighborhood -- Annie's dream life!
This is such a "Ben" face. Makes me love both of them even more!
So many toys, but he'd rather play with a spatula and mixing bowl.
Just a little bit more drumming practice, and he'll be ready to go on tour with the Wheeler Brothers!
Trying to get a bedtime picture for dad, but he just moves around so much now!
That night, I had to go back into Jackson's room after he had already been asleep for a couple of hours and accidentally woke him up. He was so confused and bright-eyed, but it was such a sweet little moment in time. Just me and my baby in the middle of the night.
Enjoying the cooler weather!
Milk drunk. And yes, that is drool running down my hand.
Another little weekday photo shoot.
This is what my kitchen looks like after making just a simple breakfast. I never know when he's going to wake up from his nap so cleaning up definitely comes AFTER I've eaten.Sometimes I look around and can't believe that this is my house. I used to be so clean and organized. What has happened to me? Oh yeah -- I had a baby. ;)
Jackson loves being on the move, and I love it, too.
All 3 of my babies. I love this!!!
One day, Ben came home from work and asked if I had taken apart the puzzle. Um, no, that would be your destructive son.
I really am convinced that he just likes making messes.
And last, but not least, one of the "pup"asan chairs broke, and instead of ordering a new one, I decided to order a Coolaroo dog bed instead in hopes that they'll choose that flat surface over the patio furniture -- and so far, so good!



























































































No comments:
Post a Comment