Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Couponing" at Walgreens

I went "couponing" at Walgreens today for the first time ever. I've always been a little hesitant to do my grocery shopping at drug stores because of their various reward/point systems, but I decided to give it a try today and to just stay away from things that seemed like a good deal only because they earned you rewards/points. Overall, I think it went pretty well.

Here's a picture of what I got.
My total without coupons would have been $36.72, but using coupons, I got everything shown above for only $11.44. I saved $25.28 or 69% off of the original total.

Here are the coupons that I used.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume shampoo -- $6.99
$2.50 off (here -- manufacturer)
$3 off (here -- Walgreens)
$1.49 after coupon

Dove deodorant -- $1.99 (with in-ad coupon) x2 = $3.98
$1.50 off 2 (10/4 RedPlum)
$1.24 each after coupons

Viva papertowels -- $6.99
$2 off (here -- manufacturer)
$2 off (here -- Walgreens)
$2.99 after coupons

Kleenex -- $0.79 (with in-ad coupon)
$0.75 off (here)
$0.04 after coupons

Pretty good for my first time, huh?

No comments: