I've been looking to add more seating to our living room, but unfortunately, I don't have too much additional space to work with. The half-wall between the living room and the kitchen is blank, but because the media center is so close to the half-wall, a chair or sofa against that wall would make it look as though it were in the middle of the room. Therefore, it seems as though some type of ottomans/cubes or bench is the perfect solution, and while I was out shopping this past weekend, I found these.

I love them. They are the perfect size, the tops come off to provide storage, they are comfortable to sit on, and I found them at TJMaxx, so the price was great. That being said though, I'm not really sure if the zebra print goes in my house.

I know that animal prints are "in" right now, and I really do think that the print is cute, but I'm just not sure if it fits my style. I'll be the first to admit that I don't exactly know what my style is, but I think Abby best described it as "country chic with a touch of Kirkland's". Haha. So do you think these ottomans fit that style? Do they go with the rest of my house or do they look too "busy"?

Keep in mind that my mom is making valances for both my living room and kitchen windows using the fabric that is shown below.

I know that there are a lot of you out there that don't usually comment, but I would really appreciate your advice on this. I promise that I won't get my feelings hurt no matter what is said, and if the general consensus is that they don't go, I will probably just get them recovered (just because everything else about them is so perfect) -- possibly in either a brown, black, or tan houndstooth print.


So what do you think? What's YOUR opinion???
Note: You can click on any of the pictures to make them larger.
3 comments:
I don't think they sell Zebra print at Kirklands! Just kidding! They don't look bad in the photos, but I am not sure how well they go with your fabric. It does add some spice to your living room!
What about covering them in red? They have leather ones at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
Hello Lindsay -
I do like the idea of the storage stools - however I am not sure that the zebra would go with the drapes your Mom is doing for you. I think covering them would be a god option. I just saw a long storage bench in brown suede at Target.
Post a Comment