Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

We rang in the new year last night at Micah and Marjan's wedding. The wedding was at Bowie High School (where they met), and the reception was at Thurman Mansion, which is part of the Salt Lick. Everything was so beautifully decorated (I can't believe I didn't take pictures...), and we had a great time sipping cocktails and dancing the night away. The food was delicious -- the bacon wrapped shrimp and asparagus were definitely my favorites, and I loved their signature cocktail, the "Linnell Wedding Bell", which was a pomegranate martini.
The "kid" side of the table -- Ben and me with Holly and Nelson
The "adult" side -- my parents with Bill and Cheryl Althaus

About an hour or so before midnight, they passed out hats, glasses, headbands, and noisemakers.Needless to say, we brought in the new year in style.

No comments: