On Saturday, I went to Houston with Abby. We had been wanting to make a trip to Houston for awhile now to visit Wendi (a friend from high school) and Sam (Abby's nephew), and I am so glad that we finally got the chance to see both of them.
We stopped by Wendi's house first. She and her husband Wes moved to Houston a couple of years ago and just recently bought a house. It's beautiful -- built in the 50's, in one of the oldest neighborhoods in Houston, close to downtown, and the trees are HUGE. We had so much fun touring the house, playing with Badger (their boston terrier), and catching up. Before we left, Wendi took us to El Tiempo for lunch, and we had their chicken fajitas. I'm definitely gonna have to remember that place next time we're in Houston. It was so good! Unfortunately, we forgot to take a picture while we were with Wendi, but I guess that just means that we're gonna have to get together again soon.
After lunch, we went to see Sam and Mari. When we got to their house, Sam was taking his nap. Mari said that we could wake him up though (he had been asleep for over 2 hours), so went upstairs to get him. As soon as he woke up (and after he did a little bit of stretching), he reached right for Abby. It was so cute, and I just know that it made her day! Sam is such a cutie. He has the sweetest little face and such a cute personality. While we were there, we had so much fun playing with puzzles, reading, and playing golf -- although he might have had a little more fun swinging his over-sized club at us than he did at the ball. :)
Today, Ben and I did a little bit of furniture shopping. We met up with Ben's parents and Josh to take a look at what they had picked out for their living room, and after going to Texas Land & Cattle for a hot fudge brownie, we set out to find a leather chaise sectional for our front room.
For those of you who don't know what a chaise sectional is (I didn't until just the other day), here's a picture of one.
And, just for reference, this is where we plan to put it.After going to 11 stores (we didn't have to visit all 18 this time since we now know which ones sell only junk and which ones are completely out of our price range), we have narrowed it down to two sofa styles -- although the exact configuration of the sectional that we'd be buying would look like the example shown above.
#1.
Here are a few of the other sofas that we liked -- although I'm pretty sure we have eliminated them from the running.
6 comments:
I like #1! Whichever one you choose, brown is always a good color that will always be in style :)
I think I am leaning towards number 1, however, it looks really big for that room???
Sorry about that -- I don't think I was very clear in my original post. The 2 sofas are just examples of the styles of the sectional that I'd be ordering. The configuration would be the same as the one that I posted as an example -- basically a regular sofa with one of the seats being a chaise lounge. Hopes that helps. :)
Hi Lindsay - I love the idea of a chaise sectional. Did Kyle and Steve buy one 2? I am leaning towards # 1 as well - it looks very comfortable and inviting! Lastly, I need to go with you one of these days to check out all these furniture stores!
Lindsay & Ben, I love your blog and love all the posts. I love the idea for your front room. Since I am older, I liked the sofas with the more rolled arms other than the 1st one. Since your color in your living area is brown, I think, do you want to try to match or to compliment it? I also love the ottomans. I like the fabric they are already for something different and to mix things up alittle since the animal print is so great. You have done a fabulous job with your home, I just love it and love you both.
I like #2, but I also love the 1st sofa under the ones yall have eliminated ;)
Post a Comment