Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Camera

Our new camera came in the mail today.

Ben has been wanting to get a new one for awhile now, but I was a little hesitant. I really didn't want to spend the money (shocking, I know), I was perfectly happy with the picture quality of our current camera, and I absolutely hate learning any type of new technology. I guess you could say that I'm just a little stubborn, but luckily, Ben talked me into it. After taking just a few pictures with it, I am officially in love.

Here's a picture that I took with our old camera.
And here's one with the new one.Pretty big difference, huh?

The color and clarity are so much better -- not to mention the fact that Ben is not smiling at all in the "before" picture and has a huge grin on his face in the "after" picture. He claims that it was just a coincidence, but I'm pretty sure that he did it on purpose so that the new picture would look even better than it already does. And as for Amos, he looks pretty scared in both of the pictures.

I spent the rest of the evening playing around with the camera settings and taking pictures. Annie and Amos were nice enough to volunteer to be my models.

Annie hoarding her bones...
Amos still trying to master the chewing technique...
Such an innocent face...
Annie doing everything she can to not look at the camera, and Amos coming straight for it...
Waiting for me to give her the bone back...
Such a good little poser...
A little tired of all the pictures...
And, finally, a good one...
And, last but not least, some self portraits. Let me first say that taking self portraits with a dog is not the easiest task. I look completely nutty, and Annie and Amos look scared to death, but they are pretty entertaining.
I guess you were right this time, B. This camera is awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of camera is it???

Ben & Lindsay said...

It's a Canon Powershot SD940 ID Digital Elph. It's nothing too fancy, but I like the fact that I can carry it in my purse and that it operates pretty much exactly like my old one.