Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TRB Publication

Check out what I got in the mail at work yesterday.My favorite pages are 74 to 82.
I know it doesn't look like much, but take a closer look.
That's right -- I'm published!

After my thesis defense (back in Spring 2008), my advisor asked me to condense my 94-page thesis into a shorter paper so that we could submit it for publication. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't thrilled with his request (I had always assumed that you were "done" after the defense), but I did what he asked, and we submitted the paper to Transportation Research Board later that summer. It was first accepted as a conference paper, which was presented at TRB's annual meeting in Washington, D.C. by my advisor and the researcher that I worked for at TTI, and from there, it was then selected for publication in TRB's journal.

I know it's nerdy, but it is kind of exciting to see my name in such a prestigious journal.

Let me know if you want to borrow it. However, I would only suggest that you read it if you are looking for something to help you sleep. :)

2 comments:

Abby said...

oCool beans!

cheryl said...

I am so proud of you!