Friday, May 7, 2010

Houston's with Abby

Yesterday after work, Abby picked me up and took me to Houston's for my birthday. I hadn't been to Houston's in forever, but everything was just as delicious as I remembered. We had the spinach and artichoke dip for an appetizer and the burgers for dinner, and we had a great time catching up on everything -- work, school, family, husbands, friends, etc. Unfortunately, I didn't think to get a picture of us together last night (I guess we were too busy chatting it up), but I did get a picture of the super cute watch that she got me for my birthday.
Thanks so much for keeping me trendy, Abby, and thanks so much for dinner. I had so much fun, and we definitely need to do it again soon!

On a side note -- unfortunately, Ben didn't have nearly as much fun this evening as I did. While tightening a bolt on a laptop mount, his hand slipped, and he ended up smashing the tip of his ring finger on his right hand. It was still bleeding pretty bad by the time that I got home and had formed quite a large blood blister under his nail. He said that when it happened that he was in the most pain that he's ever been in, which is pretty bad considering that he's broken bones, etc., and he also briefly mentioned passing out right after it happened and hitting his knee on a rock. Luckily we have a nurse living just few feet away from us, so we went over to see Cheryl to see what she thought, and she sent us home with all sorts of saline, ointment, gauze, and tape. His finger is still pretty sore, and I'm pretty sure that the blood blister is even bigger than it was before, but I'm just hoping that he doesn't lose his fingernail. His night wasn't a total failure though -- he did find a $5 bill on the ground while we were walking Annie and Amos later that night. And I thought finding a penny was lucky...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Ben! Hope he is doing better now. I really understand the pain he had since I had a similar experience about two months ago. I hit the draw corner in the figure nail and passed out after ten seconds because of the sudden pain. It was bleeding a lot and took me at least ten minutes to come to myself. That was really a horrible experience. Good luck to Ben and take care!