One of the best parts of living where we do is the fact that Jason and Cheryl (and now Baby Miles) live right next door. We've been neighbors for about a year and a half now, and I'd say that on average we eat dinner with them about once a week. We usually go over there, sometimes we go out to eat, and occasionally Ben grills something over here -- but as embarrassing as it is to admit it, I've never cooked anything for them. Kinda crazy, huh? It's mostly due to the fact that I don't really cook much to begin with and partially due to the fact that Cheryl's cooking is amazing, which intimidates me to say the least, but tonight, that changed. Tonight was "Spaghetti Thursday". :)
Over the past few months, I've been offering to make them spaghetti (one of the things I actually know how to cook!), but for some reason or another, it just hasn't happened. However, when we were over there this weekend, I decided enough was enough. I asked the Sotos which day of the week worked best for them, and Jason immediately started calling it, "Spaghetti Thursday". As goofy as it sounds, I was a little nervous about the whole thing, but I think it went pretty well, and I'm pretty sure they liked it. At least that's what they told me.
After dinner, I decided that we needed to have a photo shoot since I hadn't taken any pictures of Miles since he was a week old.

Isn't he precious? He'll be 6 weeks old on Saturday.

Believe it or not, we took almost 10 pictures just like this, and this is the best one that we got.

Obviously, Ben was just as thrilled to have his picture taken as Miles was.

Needless to say, the photo shoot didn't go nearly as well as I had hoped. Oh well, better luck next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment