Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Productive Day

Today was pretty productive.

#1 -- I got up early this morning and ran with Holly. We started at her apartment, ran up Exposition all the way to 35th Street, and then back down for a total of about 7 miles. It wasn't the best run for either of us (she was still tired from last weekend's half marathon in Dallas, and I was still feeling the glass of wine that I drank last night), but we had fun.

#2 -- We finally decorated our Christmas tree. We bought it last weekend and set it up in the house, but because we have both been SO busy with work this past week, today was the first chance that we had to decorate it.
Instead of putting it in the front room, we decided to set it up in our main living area -- so it's partially in the kitchen and partially in the living room. I love that it's in the room where we spend most of our time, and I love that this is the view that you see as soon as you walk through the front door.
A close-up.
#3 -- Ben's parents came over and helped us organize our garage. Actually, to be completely honest, it'd be more accurate for me to say that we helped them organize our garage. I'll be the first to admit that while Ben's parents' garage is cleaner than most people's homes, ours was in serious need of some help. As an early Christmas gift, they decided to help us get our garage in order and bought us a huge cabinet and lots and lots of shelving. Here's a picture of the "before".
And here's the "after".
Pretty big difference, huh? Almost everything is off of the floor and has a place now.Kyle and Steve also surprised Ben with a new toolbox.
Not only is it huge, but it also has a power strip on the side and a built-in radio with speakers. Can we say spoiled?
Thanks again, Kyle and Steve, for such a wonderful gift. We had fun organizing with you, and although we know that our garage will never be as awesome as yours, thanks for helping us try.

#4 -- We got our outdoor Christmas lights working again. For some reason, we couldn't get our lights to come on last night, but after Ben and his dad replaced the GFI plug in our garage, they now work just fine. I'm so glad that our new "Dr. Seuss Christmas tree" is up and running again.
Today was definitely a very fun and extremely productive day, and I definitely foresee an early bedtime in our future. :)

No comments: