Ben and I went to Eddie V's tonight to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary.
It was a perfect date night.
We had a great time talking all about our past, the present, and our future, and the food was amazing. We had oysters as an appetizer, the filet mignon and swordfish steak as our entrees, and the Godiva chocolate cake for dessert.
The only bummers of the night were when I pulled my camera out of my purse so that our waitress could take our picture, and I couldn't get it to turn on. I vaguely remember dropping it on the tile earlier this week, so unfortunately, I think it's a goner. And, to top it off, we also ended up getting a parking ticket. The sign that we thought said "No Parking 7am-4pm" actually said "No Parking 7pm-4am". Oops -- I guess we should have just valeted.
Thankfully, I'm married to somebody who doesn't "sweat the small stuff" {he calls them "first-world problems"}, and although I'm not quite as laid back as he is, I've improved a lot over the last 5 years. What can I say? We make a good team. And as Holly said in a text early this morning "half of a decade down, many more to go". I can't wait. I love my life -- and my husband. :)
1 week ago
1 comment:
Happy day! Congrats!
Post a Comment