This past week was such a busy one, but in a way, I feel like that's every week. I always have so much going on. It's no wonder I always feel so behind -- at work, with Special Olympics, with WTS, and just with life in general. I keep thinking it's going to slow down one day, but I have a feeling that I'm going to have to master the response "no" before that ever happens. ;)
I never got a chance to blog about it, but Steve also spent most of the week in the hospital with diverticulitis. He went in on Monday and came home on Thursday, and thankfully, after being on both antibiotics and morphine, he's feeling a lot better. Unfortunately, while he was in the hospital, he found out that he's going to need to have surgery again to remove more of his colon. It won't happen for another 6 weeks or so, but please keep him {and Kyle} in your prayers.
And, on that note, another prayer concern that's been weighing on my heart a lot this week is for my friend Brandi and her little sister Nikki who was just recently diagnosed with glioblastoma -- a very aggressive and malignant brain tumor. Brandi is one of Cheryl's best friends, and both she and Nikki are such incredibly sweet girls. I really hate that they are going through this right now and am praying that God will hold Nikki and her family close and ease their pain.
As for this weekend, we didn't do anything too crazy, but it did go by a lot faster than I wanted it to. On Saturday, I went for a run and to the grocery store, and then we spent the rest of the day doing things around the house -- like finally putting all of our Christmas stuff back up in the attic along with all of my childhood stuff that I brought over from my parents' house this past summer. On Sunday, we went to church and tried out a new Sunday school class, and then we went to a baby shower for one of Ben's friends from work.
The only pictures that I took this weekend were of Ben and Miles hanging out. They watched "Little Einsteins" together...
...and they played Tiger Woods golf on Ben's phone.
Gone are the days that they didn't really care much about one another -- and the days that Miles would rather hang out with me.
I hope each one of you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for yet another busy week -- because ready or not, here it comes. ;)
1 week ago
1 comment:
Such sweet pictures :)
Post a Comment