Sunday, March 18, 2012

30th Annual Austin Music Awards

We went to the 30th Annual Austin Music Awards last week. Ben and Steve picked me up after work, and after a quick dinner at Which Wich, we walked over to the Austin Music Hall.
People watching along the streets of downtown Austin during SXSW is amazing.  However, I'm fairly certain that my dress pants and I were the ones that were the most out of place that night. 
 
As for the Austin Music Awards, Wheeler Brothers dominated.
Best New Band went to...Wheeler Brothers.
Best Acoustic Guitar went to...Nolan Wheeler.
Best Bass went to...Tyler Wheeler.
Best Miscellaneous Instrument went to...A.J. Molyneaux {lap steel}.
And, if that weren't enough, Wheeler Brothers also came in third for Band of the Year.
Needless to say, we are so proud of them and all that they've accomplished over the past few years. 
It's hard to believe that this is the same band that was playing cover songs at our wedding.  They've come so far!
My only wish was that they could have performed at the Austin Music Awards themselves.
Because they are SO much better than the ones that did.
Steve and I expected to see a lot more colorful mow-hawks that night, but instead, the audience was full of old hippies.  Our favorite was the lady with the tambourine and maracas. 
She gave you no choice but to dance with her.
 
We ended up leaving before the night was over {and before Bruce Springsteen made his surprise appearance}, but it was still a pretty late night.  I think I finally ended up crawling into bed at about 1 o'clock in the morning {which made getting up for work a little rough}, but it was worth it.
Way to go, Wheeler Brothers!  We're so proud of you.

No comments: