Monday, March 12, 2012

The Highs & Lows of My Past Few Days

So I realized today that I haven't blogged in nearly 2 weeks.  Yikes!  The truth is -- the past couple of weeks have been crazy.  I really haven't done a whole lot other than work {unless you count laundry or picking up around the house}, and on the rare occasions that I have done something fun, I've been way too lazy to take any pictures.  This too shall pass, right?  I'm sure hoping so.  I have taken a few pictures on my phone over the past few days though, so in case any of my readers were thinking of jumping ship, here's a few highs and lows of the past few days to help hold you over until I have time for a real blog post.

High...sitting around Jason and Cheryl's kitchen table on Friday night after work till 11 o'clock that night.  Miles obviously didn't sit in the center of the table the whole night, but playing peek-a-boo with a paper plate and singing Itsy Bitsy Spider {with the hand motions} were some of the best parts.
Low...working all day on Saturday while a couple of guys installed a wall behind me.  I've since learned that nailing dry wall into metal studs with a nail gun is a pretty loud ordeal, but nothing messes with your concentration when you have a to-do list like mine. ;)
High...hanging my crosses in the front room.  It only took me 3 and a half years to finally get them up there, but who's counting?!
High...making and eating a homemade pizza complete with a homemade crust {obviously}.  It may not look pretty, but it tasted delicious!
Low...finding the remains of the peanut butter kiss cookies that Kyle made us before leaving for work this morning.  Apparently we left the plate a little too close to the edge of the kitchen table and a chair a little too pushed out.  I just hope Annie enjoyed them because she has a lot of walking to do to work those calories off.
High...leaving the office today when it was still light outside and driving in traffic that wasn't bumper-to-bumper.  I love daylight saving time and spring break!
And what post is complete without pictures of my babies?
Well, there you have it -- my highs and lows over the past few days.  Thanks for stopping in.  Hopefully one of these days I'll have time for a real blog post.  For all of our sakes. ;)

No comments: