Monday, June 25, 2012

A Low-Key Weekend

This weekend was definitely a low-key weekend.  Ben came home from work on Friday evening not feeling good and never really felt 100% all weekend, so I decided to take it easy, too.  We definitely don't do this enough, so it was nice to just hang around the house and relax all weekend, and after the crazy busy day that I had at work today, I'm so thankful that I was able to start the week feeling somewhat refreshed -- especially since I have a feeling all week is going to be fairly similar to today.

On Friday, I met my mom, Abby, and Debbie for lunch at Red Lobster {I can't believe we forgot to take a picture!} and then went over to Debbie's house to see Sam, Haley, Natalie, Eric, Kay, and Gregg.  It was so good to see everybody -- especially Sam and Haley {Abby's nephew and niece} who are so cute!

Later that afternoon, I went shopping for a new paint color.
I was trying to a find a warm grey color that had a somewhat of a tan undertone and ended up finding a color that I love at Benjamin Moore.  I bought a big paint swatch of it {the background of the picture above} so that I could see what it looked like at home on the wall, and it's exactly what I was looking for.  Now I just need to get back to the store and buy it.  Oh, and paint, too, of course, but that's the easy part.  Everybody knows picking out the color is the hardest part of painting, but I think it's safe to say that I'm much better at analyzing and picking out colors than I used to be.

That night, shortly after Ben got home, we got into bed early and ended up turning out the lights before the sun went down {jealous, huh?}.  I played on the computer for a little bit before calling it a night, but Ben fell right to sleep.

That next morning, I made myself an "omelet"{that actually looked a whole lot more like scrambled eggs} with tomato, onion, spinach, mushrooms, and cheese for breakfast and then went coupon shopping at both Walgreens and CVS.  With coupons, ECBs, and RRs, I essentially got everything in the two pictures below for only $6.40.  Crazy, huh?
At Walgreens, my total without coupons or sales would have been $28.51, but using coupons and $9 in RRs, I got everything shown above for only $2.53. I saved $25.98 or 91% off of the original total. I also received $4.50 in RRs.
A CVS, my total without coupons or sales would have been $30.80, but using coupons and $4 in ECBs, I got everything shown above for only $7.37. I saved $23.42 or 76% off of the original total. I also received $12 in ECBs.

That afternoon, I got some things done around the house while Ben watched movies in bed, and then that evening, we decided to pick up some Chinese food for dinner.  I personally wanted to order it from the restaurant that my family and I went to all the time while growing up, but Ben suggested that we get it from the new to-go place in the strip center in front of Onion Creek.  I'm not gonna lie -- I was a little unsure at first, but it was SO good.  I got the egg drop soup and the shrimp with lobster sauce, and everything was delicious!  I'm so glad we decided to try something new, and we will DEFINITELY be going back.

On Sunday morning, I went to Sunday school and church, and then Ben and I spent the rest of the day just hanging out at home.  Our big accomplishments of the day were mowing the yard {Ben}and shredding a bunch of old paperwork {me}, and then that evening, I went over to my mom's house for dinner.  G had made her infamous creamed chipped beef and mashed potatoes, and my mom had made a delicious strawberry cake for dessert.  I had a great time catching up with my mom, G, Holly, and Nelson and hearing all about the latest wedding plans, and that night when I left, my mom sent me home with all sorts of yummy leftovers for Ben.

Thankfully, Ben is finally feeling better, and I'm feeling fairly rested, too.  It's amazing what a weekend of just hanging around the house can do.  Maybe we should try this relaxing thing more often. ;)

1 comment:

Abby said...

I'll help you paint!