Monday, July 2, 2012

The past few days...

...have been fairly rough.  On Thursday morning, I woke up with a stomach virus.  I'm pretty sure it was the same virus that Ben, Cheryl, Jason, and Miles had a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately, because I had to get something out to a client on Friday, I didn't have the option to stay home.  There's no other way to describe Thursday except for downright miserable, but thankfully, I was able to get done what I needed to.  I still wasn't feeling 100% on Friday though, so after I got my submittal into the client, I spent all afternoon watching movies in bed.  To make matters worse,  I woke up on Saturday morning with a fever blister {apparently the deadline and stomach virus combo stressed me out a little}, and then when I went to put in my contacts, I ripped one.  As luck would have it, it was my last one, too.  I'd been meaning to make an eye doctor appointment for weeks, but I've just been so busy that I really haven't had time.  I tried to call them to see if I could make an appointment for that same day, but come to find out, they're only open on certain Saturdays of the month, and this past Saturday wasn't one of them.  Bummer.  Ben ended up having to work most of the day on Saturday, but after he got home, my day started to look up.  We decided to go out on an impromptu and {very} casual date and decided to go a place that we've never been before {which is one of our new favorite things to do}.  We were both in the mood for pizza, so he looked at the reviews online, and we decided to try Spartan Pizza -- a food trailer in East Austin of all places.
We ordered The Zeus {bacon, spinach, & tomatoes}, and it was delicious, which is evident by the fact that we had each completely devoured a piece before I even thought to take a picture. ;)
We sat outside at a picnic table, and despite the fact that it's summer in Texas, it was actually really nice.  A little dusty but nice nonetheless.
After dinner, we ran by HEB {you know you're old when your dates include a trip to HEB} and then ended the evening with a movie in bed.
Thankfully, I'm finally starting to feel better.  My fever blister is going away, and I have an eye appointment scheduled for tomorrow.  Thank goodness.  I've received so many compliments on my glasses the past couple of days, but I'm not gonna lie -- I'm sick of them.  I guess you could say that not much has changed since the days of middle school when I wore just one contact for over a week instead of wearing my glasses -- aside from the fact that my vision is too bad to do that now.  Trust me, I tried. ;)

No comments: