Monday, October 29, 2012

24 weeks down, 16 weeks to go!

As of yesterday, I am now 24 weeks pregnant.
According to BabyCenter, our baby now weighs just over a pound and is almost a foot long -- the size of an ear of corn.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to take pictures on weeks 22 or 23, but as you can see, I have definitely grown in the past couple of weeks.  Some of it might have something to do with all of the good eating that I did while I was in Dallas, but this baby is definitely growing.  His kicks and punches are so much stronger now, and a lot of times I can actually see my stomach move.  His punches and kicks are also a lot more frequent these days, and even though it can be quite distracting {especially when I'm trying to carry on a conversation at work}, I love it.  One thing I don't love so much though is the amount of pressure that he's able to put in one tiny little area.  I'm not sure if it's his head or his rear end, but either way, a couple times a day, he moves in a certain way that makes that particular part of my stomach hard as a rock, which is actually pretty uncomfortable.  Aside from that though, I really don't have anything to complain about.  Things are still going great, and I still really like being pregnant.  At some point this week, I plan to go to my first prenatal yoga class, which I'm really looking forward to, and on Wednesday, I go to the doctor to have my glucose screening test.  Please say a prayer that I pass and that I don't have gestational diabetes.  This baby and I have quite the sweet tooth, and we'd really rather not stop eating desserts -- especially with the holidays right around the corner.  Because, if you're like me, you know that the desserts are a huge part of what the holiday season is all about! ;)

No comments: