Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Babymoon" Part 2: A Couple Days in Austin

After getting home from Corpus Christi, we decided to relax/hang out in Austin for a couple of days.  On Monday morning, we slept in, and after eating a late breakfast at IHOP, we went next door to watch Miles so that Jason and Cheryl could go to their doctor's appointment.  Ben and I had a great time playing with Miles while they were gone.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to take any pictures, but Cheryl got a really cute picture of him when they got home to announce that they are having a baby GIRL.  Yay! :)
Later that night, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner and went to Fleming's.  We both ended up ordering the filet minion with asparagus and potatoes, and everything was amazing.  And then, as if that wasn't enough, we also ordered the chocolate lava cake for dessert.  So good and such a nice treat!
On Tuesday, we decided to spend the day doing things in Austin that we never have time to do.  Both of us have been wanting to try the famous Franklin Barbeque for awhile now, but usually neither one of us has the time to spend over an hour waiting in line for lunch, so that was our first stop of the day.
After waiting in line for almost an hour and a half, we finally made it up the counter.  We ordered the brisket, turkey, and ribs with the beans and potato salad as our sides, and everything was delicious.  The only bad thing was that after standing in line for that long and smelling the meat, I started to feel queasy as soon as we got close enough to the counter to actually see the meat.  Thankfully, I was still able to eat it -- just as long as I didn't look at it.  Weird, I know.  Ben and I both agreed that it's probably the best barbecue that we've ever had, but we're not sure if we'd wait in line an hour and half to eat it again though.
After lunch, we stopped at Hey Cupcake for dessert and then headed over to Peter Pan Mini-Golf to play some putt-putt.
There was hardly anyone there {which I guess is normal for a Tuesday afternoon}...
...and the weather was perfect!
I got the first hole-in-one...
...and ended up getting 3 total. :)
Ben also got 2 hole-in-one's, but unfortunately, he wasn't playing quite as well as I was -- hence the frowny face.
We ended up playing both the east and west courses, which was 36 holes total.  I won the first round with a score of 52 {to Ben's 57}, and he ended up making a come back and won the second round with a score of 51 {to my 53}.
I had forgotten how much I love to play putt-putt, but we definitely need to do that more often.
After leaving Peter Pan, we headed over to Barton Springs to walk around a little bit and then decided to catch an early movie.  We ended up choosing "Taken 2" since we had both liked the first one so much, and even though everything about the second one was pretty predictable since it was so similar to the first one, we really liked it.  My heart was racing the entire time -- even BEFORE anything actually happened.  After getting home that evening, we decided to have a fire outside and enjoy the weather and the fact that we had nothing better to do than just sit around and relax.  
It was a perfect way to end such a wonderful day and another thing that we plan to do on a more regular basis -- especially once it starts to cool off.
That night, before heading to bed, we packed our bags so that we could leave first thing Wednesday morning on our next adventure...

No comments: