I started planning Jackson's party around Christmastime, and after doing a quick search on Pinterest for ideas, I instantly became overwhelmed. The only parties on Pinterest are the ones with beautiful photos, super original themes, amazing gourmet food, and perfectly coordinated decorations -- and lots of them! Thankfully, it only took me a couple of days to realize that I'm not that kind of mom {not to mention that kind of hostess!} and quickly reigned myself in. Instead, I found a cute invitation online and went from there. I fell in love with this design as soon as I saw it, and that sweet face in the middle makes me love it even more.
As for decorations, I bought a bunch of balloons in the same colors as on the invitations as well as some streamers and lots of plates and napkins. Like I said, very simple!
I didn't take any pictures of the food, but we served brunch -- breakfast casserole, pigs in a blanket, bagels, and fruit.
My mom made his cake{S!!!} and did such a good job. We had Italian creme, vanilla, and chocolate...
My mom made his cake{S!!!} and did such a good job. We had Italian creme, vanilla, and chocolate...
...and she even made a small vanilla one just for Jackson.
Not your ordinary highchair. ;)
A banner of Jackson's monthly pictures. I loved how this turned out!
A few of Jackson's gifts and some party favors for all of our little guests...
...fish squirters, bubbles, glow sticks, maracas, and a balloon.
Mimi {and the birthday boy who wanted DOWN}
Pops, Mary Catherine, Uncle Josh, and GrandmaSophia
Travis and Mimi
James and Audrey
Opa
Avery and Mimi -- two of his very favorites!
Mimi and {Great} Uncle Pat
Dani and TravisPrecious Sophia -- who is 4 years old but not much bigger ;)
{Great} Aunt Beth, {Great} Aunt Kim, and {Great} Uncle Pat
2 of the triplets -- Bradley and Amie Kate {where's Carly?}
Jackson was super excited when we brought out the cake with one candle lit just for him.
He wasn't sure what to think when we first started singing...
...but he warmed up quickly.
While singing "Happy Birthday", I suddenly felt a surge of emotion and tears came to my eyes.
I can't believe my baby boy is already one. This past year has been amazing.
Hamming it up for his audience. ;)
When it came to eating the cake, we weren't really sure what to expect, but he wasn't as into it as we thought he would be.
We fed him some bites...
...and he fed himself some bites
...but I don't really think he liked the feel of it on his hands...
...so this was about as messy as he got.
Plus he was just a little distracted by the balloons.
Jack, Olivia, and Sophia
I think she liked it!
Aunt Holly and Opa
The Egberts -- Scott, Amanda, Carly, Amie Kate, and Bradley
Miles
Gregg and Debbie
Kisses for Uncle Nelson
Jackson and I started out opening his gifts together...
...but he lost interest after opening the first couple...
...and ended up sitting in Ben's lap where he could play with {and chew on} all his new toys.
Furniture cruising...
...is so much fun!
"Did anyone want to watch a little TV?" ;)
Aunt HollyAvery
Helping Opa open one of his belated birthday gifts.
Jackson was having such a fun time party that he ended up not going down for nap about an hour later than normal. He closed his eyes as soon as I laid him in his crib...
...and he immediately rolled over and went right to sleep.
After his nap, we went out front a did a little walking with his new wooden cart...
...ate some of the leftover breakfast casserole {a family favorite!}...
...and noticed some of the balloons out front had floated up into the trees.
Thankfully, Ben and his dad were able to get them out...
...and we watched as they drifted away and up to heaven to be with my cousin Cody whose birthday is also January 25th. :)
After a late afternoon nap, we went back outside {the birthday boy's favorite place to be!}.
We took him out front to blow bubbles...
...and then went out back to do a little swinging.
Learning how to dunk.
Everything about Jackson's first birthday was so wonderful -- from the minute he woke up till we were putting him to bed that night.
I love watching my two boys together, and after I took this picture, I couldn't help but remember the very first one that I ever took of the two of them.
We've certainly come a long way in the past year. It hasn't always been easy {I've never second guessed myself so much or slept so little!}, but we made it! Happy Birthday Jackson. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment