Thursday, September 3, 2015

What a Wonderful Week

This week has been one of our best ones yet and for one reason in particular.  Similar to how Jackson woke up a few weeks ago on a mission to become the poster child for the terrible twos, the reverse happened this past Monday.  He came home from my mom's house the most well behaved little boy who ate every bite of his dinner {Ben and I just stared at each other in disbelief}, took a bath and got ready for bed without a single fit or complaint, and went down for the night like it was nothing.
While Jackson was at Mimi's house, Dean and I had a great day, too.  He's started "talking" to us this week, so we spent a good part of the day just smiling and talking to each other.
Ben (1984) and Dean (2016).  Apparently that look and his love for pictures is genetic.
That night, Dean ate till he was milk drunk.
It really was a perfect day/evening, and much of the rest of our week went about the same.  Except for this.  This was far from a perfect, but the distance was pretty impressive.
Last night, my mom, Holly, and Nelson came over to watch the boys so that I could go to the AGC Scholarship Gala with Ben.  It was the Four Seasons downtown and really nice.  They had both a live and silent auction that raised $750,000, and after a delicious steak dinner, Eddy Raven provided entertainment.  It was our first night away from Dean, and although he did great, I realized when we got there that I had forgotten to bring the part of my pump at home, so we had to leave a little early and made a quick exit at feeding time.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the boys with their babysitters, but my mom did text me this cute one.
Thanks again for the sweet Nike gear, Uncle Nelson {and Aunt Holly}!
This morning, Jackson went to preschool, and Cheryl and I met up at Azul Tequila for an early lunch.  I never envisioned that he would like school this much, but I am so thankful that he does.  At drop-off, I could hardly keep up with him, and he doesn't even say "bye" anymore.  He just walks right in and gets started on whatever they have set out.
When I got there this afternoon, he was playing so sweetly and was so good about putting the toys away before we left.
Big brothers checking on their baby brothers and showing them off to Ms. Kathy.  It goes without saying that Jackson and John Clayton are pretty proud of "Baby Dean" and "Baby Ned".
Another exciting thing that happened this week is that they finally poured the slab next door.  We've been waiting for that for weeks {months?} now.  Ever since they tore down the existing house, we've been talking to Jackson about how they would pour the slab for the new one next, and he was so excited to watch out the window as "Daddy's friends" worked.
While waiting for Ben to get home, we Facetimed with two of our best girls -- Cheryl and Avery.
And then tonight, we went on a scooter ride to the nearby elementary school playground.
I can almost guarantee that none of the employees will look half as cute in the new company hats as these two.
Even wonderful weeks are exhausting though, and I'm not far behind him.
Keeping our fingers that this wonderfulness lasts through the weekend and beyond!

No comments: