Wednesday, November 21, 2012

27 weeks down, 13 weeks to go!

As of this past Sunday, I am now 27 weeks pregnant and in the last week of my second trimester.
According to The Bump, our baby now weighs 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and is about 13.6 to 14.8 inches long  -- the size of a rutabaga {whatever that is...}.
Overall, things are still going well, but I'm definitely starting to feel a lot more pregnant these days.  No matter what I eat, I usually get heartburn at least once or twice a day, and I am also having trouble sleeping.  I never before realized how many times I flip from side to side in the middle of the night, but now that it requires a lot more effort to turn over, I wake up every time that I do and then have trouble falling back asleep.  It's definitely not enjoyable, but I guess it's just God's way of preparing me for the lack of sleep that is to come. ;)  In terms of getting ready for the baby, I'm slowly starting to cross things off my "baby to-do" list, but we still have a long way to go.  Thankfully we have a long weekend coming up, so hopefully we'll get a chance to knock off a few more things.  There's just so much to be done, and this pregnancy is going so, so fast.  This little baby is going to be here before we know it, which is both SO exciting and SUPER scary!!!

No comments: