Ben and I met up for dinner at Whataburger after work today.

I had read last night on one of my coupon blogs that Whataburger would be celebrating their 60th birthday today and would be giving out free burgers to anyone that came in wearing orange from 5 to 8 pm.

We weren't sure what to expect since we had never been to one of these types of events, but we decided to check it out. When we got there, the line wasn't nearly as long as I expected it to be. Although it did go out the door, it only took about 15 minutes to get to the front and place our order. It wasn't until we got inside though that I realized just how many people were standing around with their receipt and number and waiting for their food. It was packed! After we placed our order, Ben got a call on his work phone, so he went outside to take it while I waited inside for our food. I tried my best to stay out of everybody's way but it was definitely not an easy task considering most of the people in there were rather large and there were kids EVERYWHERE. I'm pretty sure that every family had at least 5 kids with them, and while the older ones spent most of their time in front of the soda machine filling up their cups with a mixture of different types of soda, the younger ones decided that were too hungry to wait for a burger and picked their noses and ate that instead. After about 30 minutes of people watching (and trying to not lose my appetite in the process), our food finally came out, and we immediately headed to the car so that we could sit down and eat in peace.

Overall, I would have to say that our trip to Whataburger was quite the adventure. The people watching was pretty good, and I did save about $5, but I'm pretty certain that you won't find me in a Whataburger on August 3rd ever again.
No comments:
Post a Comment