Ben and I went to the ranch this weekend.
Aunt Peggy (Kyle's sister) and Uncle Jim are in San Antonio this week for a conference for his work, so we decided to drive down to Tarpley to spend a low-key weekend at the ranch with them and some of the other family.
I realized on the way down there that I usually get so wrapped up in whatever we're doing that I forget to take pictures while we're down there, so I did my best to take a few this time.
Here is one of my favorite views on the drive down there.

When we got to the ranch, we sat out on the back porch for a while just catching up and taking in the beautiful view.


Uncle Jack cooked a delicious steak dinner, and then we headed down the to the lake to do a little bit of kayaking and to try out the new paddle boards.




At one point, Ben and his mom decided to race around the lake. Both of them were pretty good at it, but I'm not sure who technically won since they both got back at about the same time.

I tried paddle boarding, too, but wasn't nearly as good. Unfortunately (fortunately?), we didn't get any pictures of me, but Kyle did get a couple of videos. Although, I'm not so sure I'll be posting any of those. It was a lot of fun, but it was not nearly as easy at it looked, and needless to say, I sincerely hope that our future children inherit Ben's (and his mother's) athletic abilities.
After spending some time at the lake, we then headed to the spring for a swim -- although I'm not too sure you could technically call it a "swim" since the sun was already starting to go down, and because the water is so cold, I couldn't talk myself into going in any further than my waist.

After going back to the barn and changing into some dry clothes, we went out to one of the deer blinds to hunt for hogs. Apparently, they come out to feed at dusk, and although the guys were ready with their night vision, we didn't see anything -- or as Ben said, "we saw nothing very clearly". :)



In case you're wondering why I didn't get any pictures of Kyle in the deer blind, it's because she was feeling slightly claustrophobic and decided to instead stand outside on the stairs for most of the time.

After hog hunting, we went back to the barn, sat out on the back porch some more, and then headed to bed.
After eating a delicious breakfast this morning, Uncle Jack took Aunt Peggy and Uncle Jim on a long ride around the ranch while the rest of us picked up and loaded up the cars. When they got back, we hung out on the back porch some more (I told you it was low-key....) and took a few pictures before we all loaded up into our cars (and motorcycle) and headed home.













Thanks again to the Liggetts, Wheelers, and Holbs for a very fun weekend and to my mom and G for watching Annie and Amos while we were gone. Love y'all. :)
1 comment:
Very nice trip and pics! I really love the pic that Ben and his mom racing around the lake.
--Fan
Post a Comment