Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Very Big Day

First of all, Happy Birthday Miles!
Baby Miles was born today at 5:56 p.m. He weighs 6 pounds 9 ounces and is 21 inches long. He is long and thin and is absolutely precious!
My phone was practically glued to my side all day long, and it was all I could do to keep from texting/calling Jason every 30 minutes to see how things were going, but thankfully, Ben convinced me not to almost every time. Just a little bit ago, I asked Ben how many times he thought I asked "how do think she's doing?" today, and his response was 50. I guess you could say that I was a little anxious. :)

As soon as Jason sent out the "announcement email", we were on our way. Unfortunately, all of the pre-arranged bouquets at the Randall's by the hospital were pink, so when a lady that worked there offered to help me arrange one from scratch, I took her up on it. I soon found out though that she was not on the floral team because her arrangement looked horrible! Needless to say, I took out all of the baby's breath before going into the hospital, but not before Ben took a picture of it. He though Cheryl might get a laugh out of it later. On a day that she hasn't just given birth. :)
On our way to the hospital, we ran into Jav, congratulated Jason's parents who were leaving for the night, and then joined Cheryl's parents and Jason who were admiring Miles in the nursery. I was so excited to finally get to see him, and the best way to describe it was love at first sight. :) He really is such a beautiful baby, and he seems like such a good baby, too. At one point, I started to think about all of the things that both Cheryl and Jason have been through the past nine months, and I began to tear up. The miracle of life is truly amazing.Jason couldn't stop staring at him either. I love this picture.
After admiring Miles for a little while, we went to see Cheryl for a few minutes. She was pretty exhausted, but she really looked so great. I've always compared her to Superwoman for a reason. She works 2 jobs, cooks delicious meals from scratch, and hosts the best parties -- and today was no different. I am so proud of her.
The beautiful family of three.
Congratulations Jason and Cheryl. I am so happy for y'all, and I can't wait to get to know my newest neighbor. :)

In other news, Ben also has a new baby -- a Ford 150 FX4 Crew Cab. I've been waiting to make the announcement on the blog until I got the go-ahead from Ben, but after a lot of thought, Ben has decided to leave his job at Aaron Concrete and go to work for APAC (the company that bought out Wheeler Coatings). It was definitely not an easy decision as he will really miss all of the guys at Aaron, but he is very excited about his new job at APAC and the opportunities that he will have there. And since APAC doesn't provide a work truck but a truck allowance instead, he's also very excited about having his own vehicle for the first time since we've been married. When we first got married, we were a one-car family and shared his red truck. However, in just a few months, we traded in his truck in order to buy my Pathfinder. During the summer of 2008 when I moved to Austin for work, I took my car with me and left him in College Station with nothing but his bike. When he started work at Aaron Concrete 2 years ago, they gave him a work truck, but it wasn't really "his". But this one is. Car payment and all.

Congratulations on your new job and new truck, B. I know that I give you a hard time and say "nothing but the best for Benjamin", but you really do deserve nothing but the best. I love you and am so proud of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, good luck with your new job! The new truck fits you perfectly~

--Fan

cheryl said...

awww..i love the one where jason is looking at him :) Man, I looked drugged in one of those photos...lol Thanks for being so caring. See yall soon :)